bunq launches across the European Union!
Today, we take an important step in our expansion plans by offering our Travel Card membership to all markets in the EU, Norway and Iceland
Following successful launches in Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Ireland and Belgium, people across the European Union as well as Norway and Iceland can now join our rapidly growing community!
“We’re extremely excited to launch the Travel Card all across Europe. By offering the best card to travel the world, European travelers can now always pay with the real exchange rate and enjoy the benefits of a true credit card without the burden of debt or monthly fees.” says founder and CEO Ali Niknam.
By always offering the true exchange rate on purchases in foreign currencies, the bunq Travel Card sets itself apart from other banks’ credit card offerings, resulting in savings of up to 3% every time you travel!
If you have a trip planned outside the Eurozone, the Travel Card is the perfect companion for your trip. As a true Mastercard credit card, you can use it for everything from car rentals to hotel bookings without the risk of going into overdraft.
In the know before you go
Wherever you go, Travel Assistant can put your mind at ease by letting you know:
- The exchange rate for your destination country
- Don’t worry about memorizing exchange rates. We’ll give you a reminder
- Whether or not you have enabled card payments for the country of your destination
- This guide can walk you through how to do this.
- Which bunq card you should use
- Some countries prefer Maestro, some Mastercard. Now you won’t have to remember which.
- If other bunqers have been there before and what they discovered
- Learn from their experiences so you know what to expect when you arrive.
- Tips & tricks for different countries provided by our community
- All travel tips are welcome!
Countries where Travel Card is now available
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.