In case discrepancies occur, the downloadable PDF document is our source of truth and will be leading legally. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
To keep your money and your account safe, we need to work together. Read on to find out more.
These are some important safety guidelines. Make them a good habit. Something that you automatically do at all times:
- Your login codes and other security features are the key to your money. Keep them strictly to yourself. Do not share them with anyone else and never use them anywhere but in our official apps.
- To keep your codes safe let nobody peek over your shoulder when you use the bunq app. Especially when you are in a public place.
- Your cards are yours. Do not let them be used by anyone else but you.
- Protect your devices well; they are the gate to your account. Set at least one form of screen lock for your device and don’t leave them unattended.
- We update our apps to make them as secure as possible. Therefore, regularly upload the latest version of our apps.
- A clean (no illegal software) and up to date operating systems of your devices helps to keep them safe from criminals.
- Check your account at least once every two weeks.
- When you notice an irregularity or something that puzzles you then let us know as soon as possible. We may give you instructions to keep you safe; please follow these instructions. But we will never ask for your codes.
How we keep you safe
- We keep an eye on phishing attempts and try to take fake websites down as soon as we can.
- We keep you informed of phishing attempts who try to harm our users or others.
- We work with other banks and do our best to safely get your money back.
- We immediately block accounts belonging to fraudsters.
We will never ask you for your login codes or other security features either by phone, via e-mail, text message, WhatsApp or any form of ocial media.
If you receive any message from a suspicious phone number or email address claiming to be from us, do not click on any links. Do not provide any personal information or your bunq security codes via such links. Immediately report it to us!
If you have received a suspicious email, phone call, text message or WhatsApp message, please contact us from support chat in the bunq app. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.